A synthetic golf green can be very expensive. In today’s market, the cost of the very best synthetic golf green is hard to determine. The industry-standard price is $15-$25 a square foot, but that gets you very little assurance that what’s being installed will deliver much enjoyment or even have a long life span. To get the best, you should expect to pay $45-$50 a square foot. There are only a few people in the world who can actually build them correctly, as product knowledge and craftsmanship changes with every install team. For more information, see Find an Installer.
Yes. While our synthetic DIY putting turf has an 8-Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty, the fringe turf comes with an 11 Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty (available for download after purchase). The product has a life expectancy of 20 years depending on use and weather.
Generally, no. The yarns in our artificial turf are UV-Stabilized and have a melting point of 248 degrees fahrenheit. However, indirect sunlight can cause damage to turf when it’s reflecting off of 2nd story windows, door knobs, or any other glass objects.
Polyethylene, Polypropylene, and Polyurethane.
Homeowners, landscape contractors, home builders and developers, and business owners have access to our artificial turf products through a variety of distribution channels. Rolls of turf can be purchased online with a credit/debit card, PayPal, Stripe, and ACH wire transfer.
Yes. Most definitely! A low maintenance landscape design that has an artificial lawn or synthetic putting green can easily increase a property’s value by 15% or more. Not to mention, add amazing curb appeal while eliminating yearly costs of maintaining real grass and significantly decreasing annual water consumption. (Typically, these installations will pay for themselves in 3 years compared to the installation of a natural lawn with an irrigation system.)
No. The world of Synthetic Grass has evolved over the past 20 years. Our synthetic grass products are so realistic that it is difficult to distinguish them from natural grass because the fibers are manufactured with an advanced blend polypropylene. It has been engineered to look like real grass, with different blade heights and thickness, in a variety of deep, rich hues and beautiful 4-color blends.
That depends on the type of artificial grass. There are many to choose from for various applications. The price per square foot for a roll of turf can range anywhere from $2.54 up to $7.00+ depending on the style, type and purpose.
Our turf drains at 30 inches per hour. The sub base for your synthetic grass installation base should be constructed with a 1% grade to assist with drainage.
Not really. With artificial turf, you won’t see the brown spots or degraded regions that you are used to seeing with genuine grass. Our artificial grass will provide the ideal space for both children and animals to play and run. Even cleaning footprints or scratch marks from the furniture or flooring won’t be a concern. Even the roughest dogs won’t be able to damage the turf.
- You can use a plastic garden rake, leaf blower (gently), push broom, or garden hose, depending on the debris. Take care not to accidentally remove or displace the sand infill on the turf.
- For pet waste accidents and remove bacteria: you may use a spray bottle filled with a 1:1 ratio of water and vinegar to spray the area, then rinse with a water hose. If your pet did its 2nd business on your faux grass, wait until that has dried before removing. Then spray the area with the vinegar/water solution and rinse thoroughly with the water hose.
- To remove chewing gum, apply an ice cube to the spot until the gum releases its grip on your turf.
No. But it can melt due to reflective surfaces, from outdoor grills being too, and will get burned by cigarettes (which can be easily clipped away).
Yes. About 5-10 degrees warmer than real grass. Turf heats up to 150+ degrees.
- We offer round grain silica sand that is then coated and thermally bonded with polyolefin elastomers. The process completely coats and bonds the elastomer to the sand grain through the manufacturing process.
- Putting Greens: Premium Silica Sand. A finer, smaller grain for putting surfaces (known in some areas as 20/40 round washed silica sand or as #5 Sand). Recommend 2-3 pounds per square foot should be installed into the putting surface.
- Lawns/Fringe: Silica Sand. A slightly bigger grain for lawns/fringe (commonly known as 30/50 or as #4 Sand). Recommend 2 pounds per square foot installed into the lawn/fringe turf.
No Chemicals or metals are found in the infill we offer and recommend for our artificial lawn installations. We use an FDA approved food grade elastomer in the coating process. Thus, the elastomers that we use in the product have been approved for use around food preparation and are some of the safest materials available..
- We offer the precise amount of expertise you need. We help you choose the best turf and design for your budget. Our after-sales service is what sets us apart.
- PuttingGreen.com is constantly exploring eco-friendly alternatives. We train our partners to use new products, services, and tools. Current research and development products include:
- Synthetic turf cleaning and disinfecting services and products
- New infill products and turf cooling systems
- Lead safe and lead free synthetic grasses and putting greens
- New line of specialty tools and equipment